On the consumption and creation of media.
TV * MOVIES * VIDEO GAMES * BOOKS * MUSIC * IMAGES

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

David Lynch's "The Alphabet"

From Digg: "A short film by David Lynch from the late 60s / early 70s. Hauntingly scary, completely Lynch." This post on Digg linking to an early Lynch film made me check out his IMDB profile to see which of his films I have and haven't seen.

First, what I've seen:
Rabbits (2002) - The strangest recent thing that I have seen from Lynch. In a single room, three people in rabbit costumes act out various scenes that basically don't make much sense. Very intriguing, but you really have to work (more than usual) to try and piece things together into any kind of logic.
Mulholland Dr. (2001) - I really enjoyed this. A failed TV pilot re-edited into a movie, this psychological thriller is more "explainable" (honestly, after I looked at what was on the net) than Lynch's more confounding films. Probably my favorite Lynch film.
Lost Highway (1997) - Not much to say, but it's recommended viewing.
"Twin Peaks" (1990) - I only watched about the first 1 1/2 seasons - after they revealed who killed Laura Palmer I kind of lost interest. I should go back and finishing watching the remaining episodes.
Blue Velvet (1986) - What lurks beneath suburbia? Another great film.
Dune (1984) - Just an average film, probably the most 'mainstream' thing Lynch has done.
Eraserhead (1977) - Definitely an experience, I can't say I enjoyed this as much as his later works.

And here are the one's I want to see:
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992) - The prequel to "Twin Peaks", I'm planning to watch this whenever I get around to finishing the second season of the show.
Wild at Heart (1990) - I've been wanting to see this for a while but haven't gotten the opportunity.
The Elephant Man (1980) - If it's #105 on IMDB, it's gotta be good.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robbinshood said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home